- The Beard...err, I mean, Keith Clanton was the man last night! 30 points, 13 rebounds and four assists.
- Clanton shot 14-of-15 from the floor. Marc Daniels couldn't make that on a Little Tikes hoop. #fearperfection
- Now begins the era of Calvin Newell at point guard. Newell is a scoring point guard who can get hot in a hurry.
- Newell was a little rusty in his first game with the Knights, but I thought had a very solid "point guard" game. This dude is a freak athlete.
- I loved the way Tristan Spurlock played on both ends of the floor. Offensively, he was efficient and smooth all night.
- Although the Knights were only 3-12 from the 3-point line, teams cannot play zone effectively anymore against UCF. There are too many outside threats for the Knights: Clanton, Spurlock, Rod Days, Newell, Daiquan Walker, Kasey Wilson and Matt Williams are all capable 3-point shooters.
- Bethune-Cookman could not stop Isaiah Sykes in transition... he's too strong, too fast and too efficient with the ball in his hands.
- This team continues to love to share the ball, 19 assists for the Knights. #hotpotato
- I thought Bethune-Cookman ran some pretty good offensive sets. The Knights handled it well. Nothing fancy, just good ol' fashioned grind it out basketball.
- The Knights ran mostly man-to-man with a little 2-3 zone sprinkled in.
- My favorite part of Newell's game? His defense... tenacious on the ball.
- Spurlock with 11 rebounds and 3 steals... that's what I'm talking about!
- I continue to be impressed by Staphon Blair's no fear attitude in the post.
- What did I tell you about Sykes, Bethune? If he is running behind you while you are streaking for fastbreak layup, please stop, just stop... because he will kindly supply you with a refund every time.
- I don't care if there are 100 students at the game or 1,000... if you shoot an air ball in the UCF Arena, you will not hear the end of it. #tradition
- There are a lot of guys that can score on this team. The Knights must continue to share the ball well, like they have been doing, in order to be successful.
- All-American trainer Andy Reber wore a great stockbroker type pin striped suit. Impressive. However, the best-dressed award goes to UCF's favorite Allstate agent, Scott Rose. He was seen sporting a crushed black velvet sport coat. #thevelvetfog #seinfeldtrivia
- Tough road game for the Knights Friday. They face the always well coached Old Dominion team. - Come on out next Tuesday as the Knights face Miami at home. The Hurricanes were ESPN's Andy Katz's team of the week last week. This will be a good one.