- The huge stat line of the night goes to the 17-second chance points by the Knights. Second-chance points are a great demonstrator of effort.
- Great game for Tristan Spurlock! 18 points, 5 offensive rebounds, and a huge 2-handed tip dunk late in the second half. #SpurlockDropandPopIt
- Southern Miss's defense is very, very good. It is hard to prepare for because it is not an old-school fundamental zone. They used a three-quarter court press and would drop back into an "amoeba" type 2-3 zone. Donnie Jones was forced to use unconventional offensive schemes to score some buckets. Preparation is the mother of victory #PITMOV
- Isaiah Sykes was an absolute man-child in the second half. He made types buckets that pro scouts drool over. Stat line = 12points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists. #SykesYouOut
- Matt Williams might have the quickest release this side of the Mississippi. He was a huge spark plug off the bench with 3 deep three-pointers. #handdownmandown
- Calvin Newell continues to gain confidence in his play. He initiated three fast breaks that changed the momentum in the second half.
- The knights held SoMiss to 27% from three point line and 36% overall.
- DJ had the Knights mix between man-2-man and zone. Help side defense for the Knights was the best it has been all year.
- 11... count'em... 11 blocks for the Knights! Keith Clanton had 7 (2 of those were game saving in the second half) #FearTheBeard #BITB33
- 33 deflections... I would say that UCF beat SoMiss to 3 out of 4 loose balls #itsthelittlethingsthatmatter
- Oh yeah, Clanton had 4 steals too #Iwantabeard
- Good offense leads to good defense. Zero fastbreak points for SoMiss.
- Incredible scramble on the final 2 defensive possessions by UCF. There is no question that this game was won on the defensive end.
- I cannot express how fun it was last night to watch this team play. Played with heart, passion, and intensity. #ChargeOn
- Spurlock is making a name for himself in the offensive rebounding world. #dunkyouverymuch
- All-American trainer Andy Reber was sporting a dark grey suit that resembled Gordon Gekko. Best dressed goes to Assistant Director of Basketball Operations Adam Williams who is certainly not afraid to wear colors. #fancy. Oh, and the head equipment manager was seen sporting a white UCF logo sweater vest. #solid #ineedthat
- It makes me sad to say that the song of the day was Ice Ice Baby. It was played during the Toojays Wrap Off. Why UCF Sports Marketing did not ask me to participate is a travesty. Marc Daniels and I were both weeping.
- Apparently there won't be any mail delivered on Saturdays now. Somewhere out there Scottie Pippen is happy and Karl Malone is sad.
- When there were technical difficulties with the clock management the student section started chanting "We want Beyonce!" They want Beyonce, I want Kelly Rowland.
- I believe in The Gauntlet.