March 31, 2014
UCF Athletics Social Media Directory
The Last Meeting
March 5, 2013
Baseball Falls to North Florida, 9-5
The UCF baseball team was unable to even the all-time series with North Florida Tuesday night from the baseball complex as the Ospreys won, 9-5. The Knights will look to bounce back Wednesday when they head to Coral Gables to take on No. 24 Miami at 6 p.m.
By Andrew Jennette
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) - Looking for its ninth-consecutive victory, the UCF baseball team hits the road for the first time in two weeks on Tuesday in Jacksonville when it battles North Florida at 6 p.m. from Dusty Rhodes Field at Harmon Stadium.
UCF-North Florida Game Notes
Tuesday night's in-state showdown can be heard online via UCF All-Access. Bryan Levine will be on the call with pregame beginning at 5:45 p.m.
The Knights (17-12, 6-0) are 6-0 in league play for the first time in program history and hold sole possession of first place in The American through two weeks of conference action after sweeping their first two conference opponents.
The Ospreys come into the contest with a 14-14 record after dropping two-of-three at Mercer last weekend. UNF won the lone matchup, 9-5, against UCF in 2013.
On the mound for North Florida will be junior RHP Jordan Nolan (1-1, 3.12 ERA). His best outing of the season came against Florida on Feb. 19 when he allowed just one run over four innings pitched. He will be opposed by a to-be-determined starter for the Knights.
In the series sweep last weekend over Temple, junior Derrick Salberg was named to The American honor roll after hitting .500 (8-for-16) during the week with six RBIs and his first-career home run. It was the second time Salberg has been named to the weekly honor roll this season.
Junior Dylan Moore was equally hot at the plate as he also hit .500 (8-for-16) with six runs batted in last week. The Yorba Linda, Calif., native currently leads The American with 40 hits.
Trending Topics: @UCF_Baseball
• This is the 15th all-time meeting between UCF and North Florida in baseball, with the series beginning in 1988 #RightUpI95
• The Knights sit on top of The American standings and are 6-0 in league play for the first time in program history #Flawless
• UCF is riding a season-high, eight-game winning streak and has won 10 of its last 11 games #StartingToComeTogetherPepper
• Tanner Olson was named “Beast of the Week” after shining in his first weekend start of the season #CheersToTheWeekend
• CF Derrick Salberg hit .500 with his first-career home run last week and earned American Honor Roll for his efforts #SteppingUp
• SS Tommy Williams currently leads The American with six home runs while UCF leads the league with 16 #PowerSurge
• 2B Dylan Moore currently leads The American with 40 hits and has racked up a team-best 15 multi-hit games this season #StartsAtTheTop
• RHP Jarrod Petree has spun eight-consecutive scoreless outings and holds a 1.88 ERA #DontCallItAComeback
• OF Erik Barber leads the team with 26 RBIs after recording just 9 RBIs the first two years of his career #ComingIntoHisOwn
• Freshman Trent Thompson leads the team with 15 appearances and three saves #ClosingTime
Ten-game voucher packages are now on sale for only $50. Select the games that you want to attend for a discounted price. Voucher packages and single-game tickets can be purchased at our Baseball Ticket Central page, or by calling the UCFAA Sales & Service Office at (407) UCF-1000.