April 14, 2014
UCF Athletics Social Media Directory
The Last Meeting
March 13, 2013
Baseball Takes Advantage of FAMU Miscues in 5-2 Win
The UCF baseball team used a four-run eighth inning to erase a 2-1 deficit and earn a 5-2 win over Florida A&M Wednesday night to sweep the series. The Knights improved to 11-7 on the year and 7-3 overall in March.
By Andrew Jennette
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – After a run-rule win on Sunday in Memphis, the UCF baseball team returns home for a busy stretch with four games in five days beginning with Florida A&M on Tuesday at 6 p.m.
UCF-FAMU Game Notes
Tuesday night's matchup with the Rattlers (15-20) will serve as the third "Dollar Dog Knight" of 2014. Fans in attendance can enjoy $1 hot dogs all game long. To purchase individual game tickets for Tuesday click here: http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1208324?brand=ucf
On the mound against FAMU will be sophomore RHP Tyler Martin. The Jacksonville native (0-2, 0.84 ERA) is looking for his first victory of the season against a squad that the Knights (22-15) are 17-2-1 all-time against.
Last weekend, UCF was able to capture its fourth-consecutive American Athletic Conference series of the season by taking Saturday and Sunday’s contests against Memphis. Tommy Williams led the way offensively he scored six runs and had seven RBIs in the series. Williams hit a monster three-run home run on Sunday and is the only player in the nation with double digit homers and double digit stolen bases.
Sunday’s shutout victory was fueled by The American Pitcher of the Week Ryan Meyer. The redshirt sophomore, who missed his first two collegiate seasons due to injury, made his second and third career starts last week and surrendered just three hits and no runs in 8.2 innings.
Trending Topics @UCF_Baseball
• This is the 21st all-time meeting between UCF & FAMU, with the Knights holding a 17-2-1 advantage in the all-time series #LetsDoThis
• The Knights sit on top of The American standings and are 10-2 in league play, 1.5 games ahead of second place #KingofTheCastle
• UCF has won four-consecutive weekend series and is 15-4 in its last 19 games #StartingToComeTogetherPepper
• Ryan Meyer earned American Conference Pitcher of the Week honors after tossing 8.2 scoreless innings #BeastOfTheWeek
• The Knights are 21-8 when CF Derrick Salberg starts and just 1-7 when he does not #TheCatalyst
• SS Tommy Williams is the only play in the nation with 10+ home runs and 10+ stolen bases #DuelThreat
• 2B Dylan Moore currently leads The American with 51 hits and has racked up a team-best 18 multi-hit games this season #StartsAtTheTop
• OF Erik Barber leads The American with 12 hit by pitches, he had not been hit by a pitch before this season #OuchOuchOuch
• Tuesday’s game will serve as “Dollar Dog Knight” with fans enjoying $1 dogs all night long #NomNomNom
• Freshman Trent Thompson leads the team with 20 appearances and four saves #ClosingTime