April 16, 2014
UCF Athletics Social Media Directory
By Andrew Jennette
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – The top two teams in the American Athletic Conference square off in a huge three-game set at the UCF Baseball Complex as the Knights host No. 9 Louisville.
Due to weather, Thursday is scheduled to be a doubleheader beginning at 3:30 p.m., while game three is on tap for Friday at 6:30 p.m. However the finale may be moved to Saturday at 11 a.m. depending on what comes from the clouds above.
All three games can be heard live across the Central Florida airways on AM 740 The Game with Marc Daniels on the call.
The Knights’ offense has sparked a big run for the club, who claimed an 11-4 win over Florida A&M on Tuesday. UCF has won 16 of its past 20 games and leads The American with a 10-2 conference mark, while Louisville is in second in the conference at 7-2. Each team boasts a deep lineup featuring a big slugger, with UCF’s Tommy Williams leading the conference with 10 home runs and Louisville’s Jeff Gardner hitting .352 with a conference-best 40 RBI.
Not only will fans get to enjoy a double-dip Thursday, they also will be treated to another edition of “Dollar Dog Knight” as all hot dogs will be just $1 during the 3:30 opening contest. Thursday is also set as Military Appreciation Day, and the series finale will be a fun-filled Easter egg hunt for the kids.
Military personnel unable to attend on Thursday can get a free ticket on Friday (or Saturday) by presenting their military ID at the stadium box office.
If game three is played on Friday, the Egg Hunt will take place that night following the game.
Ticket holders should be advised to bring season or single game tickets for the day they are attending. If two games are played on Thursday, the season or single game ticket for April 17 will be good for BOTH games. The April 18 ticket should be presented on Friday. If weather postpones the schedule, the April 19 ticket would be presented on Saturday.
Fans that have Louisville tickets for an alternate date that want/need to exchange can be directed to the stadium box office.
The Black and Gold will roll with junior lefty Eric Skoglund (5-1, 1.88 ERA) as he will battle Cardinals sophomore righty Kyle Funkhouser (7-1, 2.75 ERA) in game one. Game two features junior righty Tanner Olson (3-2, 4.15 ERA) up against fellow junior Jared Ruxer (6-1, 2.68 ERA). The Knights’ game three starter has yet to be announced and Louisville will go with sophomore RHP Anthony Kidston (3-0, 3.54 ERA).
Trending Topics: @UCF_Baseball
• This is the first all-time meeting between UCF & Louisville #LetsDoThis
• The Knights sit on top of The American standings and are 10-2 in league play, 1.5 games ahead of the Cardinals #KingofTheCastle
• UCF has won four-consecutive weekend series and is 16-4 in its last 20 games #StartingToComeTogetherPepper
• Ryan Meyer earned American Conference Pitcher of the Week honors after tossing 8.2 scoreless innings last week #BeastOfTheWeek
• The Knights are 21-8 when CF Derrick Salberg starts #TheCatalyst
• SS Tommy Williams is the only play in the nation with 10+ home runs and 10+ stolen bases #DuelThreat
• 2B Dylan Moore currently leads The American with 54 hits and has racked up a team-best 19 multi-hit games this season #StartsAtTheTop
• OF Erik Barber leads The American with 12 hit by pitches, he had not been hit by a pitch before this season #OuchOuchOuch
• Freshman Trent Thompson leads the team with 20 appearances and four saves #ClosingTime