April 30, 2013
UCF Athletics Social Media Directory
By Eric DeSalvo
The Last Meeting
February 27, 2013
Daytona Beach, Fla.
Baseball Suffers 6-0 Loss at Bethune-Cookman
The UCF baseball team saw its 10-game win streak over Bethune-Cookman dating back to 2006 come to a halt Wednesday night from Jackie Robinson Ballpark as the Wildcats came through with the 6-0 victory.
Game Notes - B-CU
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFAthletics.com) – The No. 30 UCF baseball team will look to extend its five-game win streak when it hosts in-state foe Bethune-Cookman Wednesday night at 6:30 p.m. It will be the first of two straight Wednesday nights the two squads meet at the baseball complex.
Wednesday night also signifies the second-to-last “Dollar Knight” at the ballpark this year. Driven by Aristocrat Volkswagen, fans can enjoy $1 hot dogs and Coke products all game long.
Season ticket holders and single-game buyers from the Feb. 24 Wawa Weekend Classic game versus Troy that was cancelled may present their ticket stub or unused ticket from Feb. 24 for admission to the game.
The Knights (25-19), who saw their 10-game win streak over the Wildcats (28-19) come to a close in a 6-0 loss away from home on Feb. 27, will look to extend their 71-15 all-time lead in the series once again in the 87th meeting all-time between the two squads. A pair of young RHPs will go head-to-head with Tyler Martin getting the nod for UCF and Lenny Martinez for B-CU.
All of the action from the UCF baseball complex can be seen on UCFAthletics.com All-Access.
Trending Topic: @UCF_Baseball
• For the third straight year, #UCF finds itself in the national polls, checking in at No. 30 by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper #GoodToBeBack
• With the sweep of Houston last weekend, it was the first over a C-USA opponent at home since Tulane in 2007 #Brooms
• Through 18 C-USA games this season, #UCF leads the league in slugging, runs scored, hits, RBI, doubles, total bases #MakingContact
• With 256-career hits, 3B/C Chris Taladay is in sole possession of No. 6 on the #UCF all-time hit list #PutItInPlay
• Taladay’s 20-game hit streak, which ranked 4th all-time at #UCF, came to an end, but he has reached safely in all but 3 games #Clutch
• LHP Chris Matulis (5-2) went 8.0 IP for the fourth time in C-USA play and didn’t walk a batter last week against Houston #NoFreePasses
• RHP Ben Lively became the ninth pitcher all-time at #UCF to reach 200 strikeouts last week #SitDown
• LHP Brian Adkins earned his second straight win Sunday and strung together 12 2/3 scoreless innings between his last two starts #CraftyVet
• With a 1.00 ERA last weekend in 27 innings, #UCF’s pitching staff has put together four weekends of a sub-2.00 ERA in 2013 #Stingy
Single-game tickets can be purchased by calling 407-UCF-1000 or visit the baseball tickets page. Stay up-to-date on all the latest news by visiting UCFAthletics.com and following the team on Twitter (@UCF_Baseball) and Facebook.