Oct. 18, 2013
UCF Athletics Social Media Directory
By Andrew Jennette
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – Thursday night was a wonderful opportunity for many Central Florida residents to celebrate what has been described as Orlando’s best “Party for a Purpose” at the Orlando Sentinel’s annual Pink Bash. Proceeds from the Pink Bash went to the Susan G. Komen of Central Florida.
In addition to unlimited food and beverages as well as entertainment provided by Tampa Bay Time Machine, the event celebrated the announcement of the 2013-2014 Pink Tie Guys. It was an opportunity for community members to applaud UCF head baseball coach Terry Rooney and six other gentlemen for their efforts in Central Florida in the fight against breast cancer.
The 2013-2014 Pink Tie Guys
* Kawika Mitchell, New York Giants Super Bowl Champion
* Pat Williams, Senior Vice president of the Orlando Magic
* Terry Rooney, UCF Head Baseball Coach
* Bob Lipscomb, President of Williams Company Southeast
* Jason Siegel, Managing Partner of Orlando Solar Bears
* Dean Smith, Chief Officer of Orlando Fire Department and Executive Director of Unity in Uniform
* Roger Dollar, Owner of Trademark Press
The Pink Tie Guys are leaders who attest to the powerful fact that breast cancer is a disease that knows no boundaries and who bring a male voice to the urgency of finding the cure(s). The Pink Tie Guys are partners in the Komen promise to live in a world without breast cancer.