"Jermaine Taylor is one of the best players not only in our league but in the country."
- UTEP head coach Tony Barbee (El Paso Times, Feb. 11)
"It's hard to argue (that Taylor isn't the best in C-USA). You could argue for a lot of people, but, gosh, he's shooting 50 percent from the field as a guard. That's unheard of. He's a spectacular athlete."
- East Carolina head coach Mack McCarthy (Greenville Daily Reflector, Feb. 7)
"[UCF's] Jermaine Taylor is a hidden gem."
- Andy Katz after Taylor totaled 31 points against Southern Miss (ESPN.com, Jan. 22)
"I told him, he's as good as we've seen. We geared everything we had to stopping him. We did everything... we switched everything to try to hold him back and he still gets 24."
- Memphis head coach John Calipari after Taylor scored a game-high 24 points versus the Tigers (Postgame press conference, Jan. 10)
"He made shots that pros can make. Hand in his face, falling away."
- Penn head coach Glen Miller after Taylor scored 34 points on 14-of-21 shooting against the Quakers (Philadelphia Inquirer, Dec. 30)
"He might be the most under-exposed player in America in my opinion. He's good enough to play anywhere in America. He can score in the mid-range. He shoots 3s. He's got great athleticism off the floor. He can put it on the floor. He can create."
- Florida head coach Billy Donovan (Gainesville Sun, Dec. 20)
"Taylor's an NBA player - he'll be in the league next year. He's really a treat to see."
- Valparaiso head coach Homer Drew (Post-Tribune of Northwest Indiana, Nov. 18)