Sept. 25, 2010
Final Stats |
AP Action Photos
Kansas State 17, UCF 13
Sept. 25, 2010
- UCF wraps up its non-conference schedule at 2-2. The Knights were also 2-2 in 2005 and 2009 en route to bowl berths.
- K-State got 128 yards on two big pass plays and 144 on 52 other plays.
- K-State today became the first team to score on UCF in the fourth quarter this season.
- The Knights came within a single Jeff Godfrey rushing yard of having its first dual-100-yard rushers since Oct. 4, 2006, at Marshall (Kevin Smith and Jason Peters).
- UCF did hold Daniel Thomas to just 76 yards rushing today, over 100 yards below his season average.
- UCF dominated time of possession with a 36:35-23:25 edge.
- The missed field goal in the first half by Nick Cattoi snapped a streak of 15-consecutive red zone scores by the Knights dating back to last year's UAB game. UCF had been 11-for-11 this year with 10 touchdowns including Weaver's first quarter score today.
- UCF shutout an opponent from an automatically qualifying BCS conference in the first half for the first time since holding a 6-0 edge at Auburn on Nov. 7, 1998. The Tigers went on to win the game 10-6. That is the only other time it has happened in UCF history.
- UCF held a 170-43 advantage in total offense and an 11-3 edge in first downs at halftime. The 11 first downs were the best this year against a FBS school for the Knights.
- Each of UCF's last two lightning delays came against Big 12 teams the other coming in Orlando on Sept. 15, 2007, against Texas on opening day at Bright House Networks Stadium. Today's lasted 1:26 officially. The first quarter unofficially took 1:59 to play.
- The UCF coaching staff today wore sleeve patches recognizing the AFCA's Coach to Cure MD program.
- Ronnie Weaver finished the game with 22 carries for 130 yards and a touchdown. It is his second-career 100-yard rushing game, and topped his career-high 123 yard performance against SMU on Oct. 4, 2008.
- Jeff Godfrey finished today with 99 rushing yards, the second-most all-time by a UCF quarterback. Vic Penn had 122 yards against MTSU on Nov. 13, 1999. Daunte Culpepper's career-high was 95 yards against Louisiana-Monroe on Nov. 1, 1997.
- Bruce Miller recorded his 29th-career sack in the first quarter, tying him for eighth in Florida history with George Selvie of USF. Miller leads the nation in both career sacks and TFLs for active players. He had three TFLs today to bring his career total to 48.
- The fourth-quarter strip of Daniel Thomas was Kemal Ishmael's first-career forced fumble and first-career fumble recovery.
- Reggie Weams recorded an interception for the second game in a row. The senior had just one in his career entering this season.
- Ronnie Weaver made his first start of the season at tailback. He started six games in 2008 in that capacity. Weaver carried the ball on 10 of UCF's first 16 plays for 60 yards, including his first quarter eight-yard TD run.