March 11, 2014
UCF Athletics Social Media Directory
By Andy Seeley
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) -- The UCF lineup for the Schenkel Invitational at Forest Heights Golf Club in Statesboro, Ga., has been set. The Knights begin competition in the three-day event on Friday.
Greg Eason, Ricardo Gouveia, Federico Zucchetti, Kyle Wilshire and Linus Vaisanen are tabbed to take part in the team portion of the event for the Knights, while Ryan Stovash will compete as an individual.
UCF used four rounds of qualifying to determine the lineup for the Schenkel Invitational. Two rounds each of qualifying were held at Lake Nona and Northshore.
The tournament will be played at the Par-72 Forest Heights Country Club. The course will play at 6,692 yards for this weekend's three-day, three-round event.
The Knights finish fifth in last year's event with a three-round total of 877 (+13).
The 35th edition of the Schenkel Invitational includes College of Charleston, Duke, Florida, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina State, North Florida, North Texas, Ole Miss, Texas, UAB and Virginia.
- Greg Eason - Exempt based on finishing in the Top-20 at the John Hayt Collegiate Invitational (Individual Champion).
- Ricardo Gouveia - Exempt based on finishing in the Top-20 at the John Hayt Collegiate Invitational (T-10th).
- Federico Zucchetti - Exempt based on finishing in the Top-20 at the John Hayt Collegiate Invitational (T-10th).
B. 2 Low Scores
- Kyle Wilshire - Finished 3rd in the qualifier (1st among non-exempt players) with a four-round score of 290 (+2).
- Linus Vaisanen - Finished 4th in the qualifier (2nd among non-exempt players) with a four-round score of 302 (+14).
C. 3th Lowest Score - Individual Competitor
- Ryan Stovash - Finished 5th in the qualifier (3rd among non-exempt players) with a four-round score of 303 (+15).