Sept. 27, 2013
UCF Athletics Social Media Directory
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) -- The UCF men's golf team has completed its qualifying rounds for the Shoal Creek Intercollegiate, which is slated to take place Monday and Tuesday in Birmingham, Ala.
The tournament will be held at Shoal Creek Golf and Country Club. Teams taking part include Florida, Georgia Southern, Liberty, Memphis, Missouri, North Florida, North Texas, Mississippi, Toledo, Tulsa and UAB.
Greg Eason, Ricardo Gouveia, Linus Vaisanen, Kyle Wilshire and Ryan Stovash will take part in the event for UCF. The Knights used four rounds of qualifying to determine the lineup for the Shoal Creek. Two rounds of qualifying were held at North Shore, with two at Isleworth.
1. Greg Eason - exempt based on winning two team qualifying tournaments (Northern Intercollegiate & Adams Cup of Newport) while exempt
2. Ricardo Gouveia - exempt based on finishing in the Top-10 at the Adams Cup of Newport
3. Linus Vaisanen - exempt based on finishing in the Top-10 at the Adams Cup of Newport
4. Kyle Wilshire - exempt based on finishing in the Top-10 at the Adams Cup of Newport
B. Low Score
5. Ryan Stovash - Finished 3rd in the qualifier (1st among non-exempt players) with a four round score of 295 (+7)