Oct. 21, 2013
UCF Athletics Social Media Directory
By Jennifer Clark
+ Season Statistics
+ Dallas Draw
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) - UCF men's soccer is gearing up for the season homestretch as the Knights travel to Tampa on Wednesday, October 23 to meet in-state rival USF at 7:30 p.m. at Corbett Stadium.
The Knights and the Bulls have matched up 29 times before, but Wednesday's contest will mark the two squads' inaugural meeting as American Athletic Conference members. The Bulls have built a 22-3-4 all-time record versus UCF, but their previous three meetings have been decided by just one goal.
A LOOK AT THE KNIGHTS
• UCF is now 5-4-4 and 2-1-2 after recording a draw against SMU last Saturday.
• The Knights are looking to extend their five-match unbeaten streak against the Bulls on Wednesday.
• Romario Williams continues to push the Knights, and leads The American with seven goals.
• The sophomore striker is tied for first with 16 points.
• UCF goalie Sebastian has racked up 28 saves in eight contests, good for a .848 save percentage
SCOUTING THE BULLS
• The Mustangs are 3-8-1 this season and 2-1-1 in The American.
• The Bulls are riding a four-match unbeaten streak.
• In USF's last match, at Rutgers, the Bulls settled for a draw after not being able to overcome the Scarlett Knights.
• Freshman midfielder Lindo Mfeka has scored a team-leading five goals this season, with his most recent coming against SIU-Edwardsville last Tuesday.
• Senior keeper Brentton Muhammad has only allowed three goals in the previous four matches, included a shutout against Rutgers.
• After competing at USF, the Knights will play a two-match homestand to finish off the regular season.
• UCF faces Temple on Oct. 27 before closing the season against Rutgers on Nov. 2.