Feb. 9, 2014
UCF Athletics Social Media Directory
By Andy Seeley
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (UCFKnights.com) -- The UCF men's tennis team dropped its first dual match of the spring season Sunday at Indiana. The Knights fell to the Hoosiers 5-2.
Indiana jumped out to a 4-0 lead, securing the team victory.
The Hoosiers won the doubles point when Dimitrije Tasic andSven Lalic defeated the UCF team of Jesse Flores and Amar Hromic, while Indiana's Daniel Bednarczyk and Sam Monette topped Francesc Aulina and Matthew Gladstone.
In singles action, Monette defeated Hromic at No. 2 to make it 2-0. Bednarczyk topped Chris Barrus to make it 3-0. The Hoosiers' Sven Lalic wrapped up the Indiana victory wtih a 6-4, 6-4 win over Matthew Gladstone.
The two Knight victories then came from Inaki Espindola and Jesse Flores. Espindola stopped Indiana's Elliott Yee 6-2, 7-6, whlie Flores was victorious over Elliott Yee by a count of 6-4, 3-6, 1-0 (10-6). The Hoosiers took their final point when Tasic defeated Aulina.
The Knights fell to 3-1 on the season, while Indiana improved to 5-4. UCF is in action again Saturday at FAU.
Indiana 5, UCF 2
1. Sven Lalic (IND-M) def. Matthew Gladstone (UCF) 6-4, 6-4
2. Sam Monette (IND-M) def. Amar Hromic (UCF) 6-3, 6-2
3. Dimitrije Tasic (IND-M) def. Francesc Aulina (UCF) 6-2, 6-7, 1-0 (10-5)
4. Daniel Bednarczyk (IND-M) def. Chris Barrus (UCF) 6-2, 6-3
5. Inaki Espindola (UCF) def. Elliott Yee (IND-M) 6-2, 7-6
6. Jesse Flores (UCF) def. Stefan Lugonjic (IND-M) 6-4, 3-6, 1-0 (10-6)
1. Dimitrije Tasic/Sven Lalic (IND-M) def. Jesse Flores/Amar Hromic (UCF) 8-5
2. Daniel Bednarczyk/Sam Monette (IND-M) def. Francesc Aulina/Matthew Gladstone (UCF) 8-0
3. Stefan Lugonjic/Chris Essick (IND-M) vs. Chris Barrus/Inaki Espindola (UCF) 6-5, unfinished