Feb. 11, 2011
Read John Denton's Knights Insider |
Follow us on Twitter |
Get social with the Knights on Facebook
By Doug Richards
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (UCFAthletics.com) - Playing outside of Florida for the first time this spring, the UCF men's tennis team did not enjoy much success Friday as the Knights fell 7-0 to No. 45 Indiana at the IU Tennis Complex. The match was played at Indiana's indoor facility.
The Hoosiers, who improved to 8-2 with the win, began the contest by taking all three doubles matches to claim the first point. UCF's (2-2) best performance in doubles came at No. 2, where junior Eugene Dolgovykh (Palm Coast, Fla.) and freshman Erik Brunskog (Linkoping, Sweden) were defeated by Josh MacTaggart and Stephen Vogl, 8-5.
Indiana picked up wins at all six singles positions. At No. 1, Jeremy Langer topped senior Blaze Schwartz (Pensacola, Fla.), 6-1, 7-6. Facing Isade Juneau at No. 5, junior Joe Delinks (Falmouth, Mass.) came up just short, falling 7-6, 3-6, 6-2.
UCF will return to action Saturday at 6 p.m. against Drake in Bloomington.
#45 Indiana 7, UCF 0
1. Jeremy Langer (IU) def. Blaze Schwartz (UCF) 6-1, 7-6
2. Josh MacTaggart (IU) def. Claudio Romano (UCF) 6-1, 6-2
3. Santiago Gruter (IU) def. Erik Brunskog (UCF) 6-0, 6-1
4. Claes Goransson (IU) def. Leonel Vivas (UCF) 6-1, 6-1
5. Isade Juneau (IU) def. Joe Delinks (UCF) 7-6, 3-6, 6-2
6. Dimitrije Tasic (IU) def. Mitch Thams (UCF) 6-2, 6-2
1. Santiago Gruter/Jeremy Langer (IU) def. Joe Delinks/Blaze Schwartz (UCF) 8-4
2. Josh MacTaggart/Stephen Vogl (IU) def. Eugene Dolgovykh/Erik Brunskog (UCF) 8-5
3. Will Kendall/Isade Juneau (IU) def. Claudio Romano/Mitch Thams (UCF) 8-3