March 2, 2012
UCF Athletics Social Media Directory
By Doug Richards
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFAthletics.com) - The UCF men's tennis team fell 6-1 Friday to No. 32 Memphis at the UCF Tennis Complex. The Tigers improved to 8-2 on the year with the win.
The Knights (3-6) picked up a win at the No. 1 singles position, where Jorge Blasco defeated Joe Salisbury, 6-2, 6-0. UCF also had a good opportunity at No. 4, but Memphis' Connor Glennon held on for a 6-3, 5-7, 6-2 win over Mitch Thams.
Memphis won the doubles point to open the match, but the Knights were victorious at No. 3, where Matthew Gladstone and Juan Bolona topped Leon Nasemann and Johnny Grimal, 8-4.
UCF will return to action Sunday, hosting Davidson at 11 a.m. Admission is free at the UCF Tennis Complex.
#32 Memphis 6, UCF 1
1. Jorge Blasco (UCF) def. Joe Salisbury (MEM) 6-2, 6-0
2. David O'Hare (MEM) def. Erik Brunskog (UCF) 6-2, 7-5
3. Johnny Grimal (MEM) def. Mario Samson (UCF) 6-2, 6-1
4. Connor Glennon (MEM) def. Mitch Thams (UCF) 6-3, 5-7, 6-2
5. David O'Leary (MEM) def. Joe Delinks (UCF) 4-6, 6-4, 4-0, retired
6. Leon Nasemann (MEM) def. Juan Bolona (UCF) 7-5, 6-2
1. David O'Hare/Joe Salisbury (MEM) def. Erik Brunskog/Mitch Thams (UCF) 8-1
2. David Henry/Connor Glennon (MEM) def. Mario Samson/Joe Delinks (UCF) 8-1
3. Matthew Gladstone/Juan Bolona (UCF) def. Leon Nasemann/Johnny Grimal (MEM) 8-4