March 15, 2012
UCF Athletics Social Media Directory
By David Buchman
UCFAthletics.com (ORLANDO, Fla.) - The UCF men's tennis team fell 5-2 to No. 21 Indiana(10-3) Thursday at the UCF Tennis Complex, in an effort that began with the Knights claiming the doubles point over the Hoosiers.
"We played with great energy in doubles today," head coach Bobby Cashman said. "You need that energy to be able to beat good doubles teams like Indiana."
UCF was unable to carry the energy over from doubles into singles, as junior Jorge Blasco (Alicante, Spain) was the lone Knight to win a singles point.
In his battle over Isade Juneau at the No.1 position, Blasco fell 3-6 in the first set before winning the two following sets 6-2, 7-5.
"Good win for Jorge today," Cashman noted. "He competed well and it was great to see him avenge a loss to a player he lost to in three sets earlier this spring."
The Knights (5-8) will be back in action Friday as they are set to take on No.18 Auburn at 9:30 a.m. at the UCF Tennis Complex. Admission to the event is free.
#21 Indiana 5, UCF 2
1. Jorge Blasco (UCF) def. Isade Juneau (IND-M) 3-6, 6-2, 7-5
2. Josh MacTaggart (IND-M) def. Erik Brunskog (UCF) 6-1, 6-2
3. Jeremy Langer (IND-M) def. Mitch Thams (UCF) 6-1, 6-4
4. Stephen Vogl (IND-M) def. Mario Samson (UCF) 6-2, 6-2
5. Dimitrije Tasic (IND-M) def. Matthew Gladstone (UCF) 6-4, 6-3
6. Will Kendall (IND-M) def. Joe Delinks (UCF) 3-6, 6-3, 6-1
1. Joe Delinks/Mitch Thams (UCF) def. Isade Juneau/Jeremy Langer (IND-M) 8-6
2. Erik Brunskog/Juan Bolona (UCF) def. Alastair Barnes/Josh MacTaggart (IND-M) 9-8
3. Stephen Vogl/Will Kendall (IND-M) def. Matthew Gladstone/Mario Samson (UCF) 8-3
Indiana 10-3; National ranking #21