March 23, 2014
UCF Athletics Social Media Directory
By Andy Seeley
WILMINGTON, N.C. (UCFKnights.com) -- The UCF men's tennis team dropped a 4-3 decision to Yale Saturday afternoon to wrap up play at the UNC-Wilmington "Bash at the Beach." The No. 51-ranked Knights went 1-2 at the event.
Yale took the doubles point to go up 1-0. The match was tied 3-3 after UCF picked up singles victories from Francesc Aulina, Chris Barrus and Jose Sangroniz. It came down to No. 6 singles, where Yale's Zach Krumholz secured the victory for his squad with a hard-fought, 6-2, 4-6, 6-2 win over the Knights' Reece Acree.
UCF will be back in action again Friday, when the Knights travel to Tampa to face USF.
Yale 4, UCF 3
1. Tyler Lu (Yale) def. Amar Hromic (UCF) 6-0, 6-1
2. Francesc Aulina (UCF) def. Martin Svenning (Yale) 6-4,6-4
3. Chris Barrus (UCF) def. Kyle Dawson (Yale) 6-1, 6-1
4. Daniel Faierman (Yale) def. Inaki Espindola (UCF) 6-3,6-3
5. Jose Sangroniz (UCF) def. Photos Photiades (Yale) 6-4, 7-6
6. Zach Krumholz (Yale) def. Reece Acree (UCF) 6-2, 4-6, 6-2
1. Tyler Lu/Martin Svenning (Yale) def. Jesse Flores/Amar Hromic (UCF) 8-5
2. Patrick Chase/Kyle Dawson (Yale) DNF vs. Francesc Aulina/Reece Acree (UCF) 4-6
3. Daniel Faierman/Alex Hagermoser (Yale) def. Chris Barrus/Inaki Espindola (UCF) 8-3