March 28, 2014
UCF Athletics Social Media Directory
By Dan Forcella
TAMPA, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF men’s tennis team dropped its third straight match on Friday, falling on the road to USF in its first American Athletic Conference contest. The no. 31 ranked Bulls topped the no. 60 ranked Knights by a score of 7-0.
The Bulls got things started by winning the first two doubles matches to earn the first points of the day. USF won at the number one and number three positions to take the early lead. UCF’s Chris Barrus and Inaki Espindola’s match went unfinished at number two doubles.
The Knights were unable to get anything going in singles play as USF took all seven matches. The Bulls won at five, six, and finally four, all in straight sets, to secure the victory at 4-0.
After winning in straight sets at number one, UCF’s Espindola and Barrus were the final Knights to finish, taking their respective matches to three sets. Espindola fell to Oliver Pramming by a score of 0-6, 6-3, 6-3 at number two, while Barrus was defeated by Vadym Kalyuzhnyy 1-6, 6-0, 6-2 at the number three position.
UCF falls to 10-6 on the season with the loss and will next host Barry in an exhibition match on Sunday at 10 a.m.
1. Sasha Gozun/Roberto Cid (USF) def. Francesc Aulina/Jesse Flores (UCFM) 8-4
2. Chris Barrus/Inaki Espindola (UCFM) vs. Oliver Pramming/I. Gonzalez-Muniz (USF) 1-6, unfinished
3. Vadym Kalyuzhnyy/Finn Meinecke (USF) def. Jose Sangroniz/Reece Acree (UCFM) 8-1
1. Roberto Cid (USF) def. Francesc Aulina (UCFM) 6-2, 6-4
2. Oliver Pramming (USF) def. Inaki Espindola (UCFM) 0-6, 6-3, 6-3
3. Vadym Kalyuzhnyy (USF) def. Chris Barrus (UCFM) 1-6, 6-0, 6-2
4. Sasha Gozun (USF) def. Jose Sangroniz (UCFM) 7-6, 6-4
5. I. Gonzalez-Muniz (USF) def. Jesse Flores (UCFM) 6-2, 6-2
6. Federico Sabogal (USF) def. Reece Acree (UCFM) 7-5, 6-2
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3); Singles (5,6,4,1,3,2)