March 29, 2012
UCF Athletics Social Media Directory
By Doug Richards
TAMPA, Fla. (UCFAthletics.com) - Facing a nationally-ranked team for the seventh time this spring, the UCF men's tennis team fell 7-0 at No. 69 USF Thursday at the USF Varsity Courts. The Knights were playing on the road for the first time since Feb. 26.
The Bulls (6-12) took the doubles point to begin the match and then swept singles play as well. UCF fell to 7-10 with the loss, which snapped a two-match winning streak.
UCF's best opportunities to claim singles points came at No. 3 and No. 4. Facing Federico Sabogal at No. 3, UCF's Mitch Thams lost 6-4, 7-5. The Knights' Juan Bolona battled at No. 4 against Juan Carlos Acuna Gerard before falling 7-6, 1-6, 10-5.
UCF will return to action Sunday, hosting Illinois State at 10 a.m. Admission is free at the UCF Tennis Complex.
#69 USF 7, UCF 0
1. Wael Kilani (USF) def. Jorge Blasco (UCF) 6-3, 6-2
2. Yannick Yoshizawa (USF) def. Erik Brunskog (UCF) 6-3, 6-3
3. Federico Sabogal (USF) def. Mitch Thams (UCF) 6-4, 7-5
4. J. C. Acuna Gerard (USF) def. Juan Bolona (UCF) 7-6, 1-6, 10-5
5. Ravi Patel (USF) def. Mario Samson (UCF) 6-4, 6-1
6. Lucas Marin-Salcedo (USF) def. Joe Delinks (UCF) 6-3, 6-3
1. Yannick Yoshizawa/O. Prammning (USF) def. Joe Delinks/Mitch Thams (UCF) 9-7
2. Wael Kilani/Federico Sabogal (USF) def. Erik Brunskog/Juan Bolona (UCF) 8-4
3. G. De Vilchez/Lucas Marin-Salcedo (USF) def. Matthew Gladstone/Mario Samson (UCF) 8-2