April 5, 2014
UCF Athletics Social Media Directory
By Brian Ormiston
MIAMI (UCFKnights.com) - Facing former Conference USA foe UAB Saturday in Miami, the UCF women's tennis team recorded a 4-1 victory over the Blazers.
The win improved UCF to 5-11 on the season, and UAB fell to 8-11.
The Knights made quick work of the doubles point to take the overall 1-0 lead. At No. 2, Sofia Baptista and Josephine Haraldson got together for an 8-4 win against Pardis Kianoush and Paula Castro. And at No. 3, Clare Mendell and Cortney Cesarini boasted an 8-6 victory over Amy Lowther and Catherine Ragon.
UCF then put it away with wins at three of the top four spots. Leading the way, Haraldson took down Rachel Daniell, 6-3, 6-1, at No. 1. Over in the No. 3 position, Caroline Eberhart cruised past Kianoush, 6-2, 6-3, and Cesarini also surrendered just five games in her 6-1, 6-4 performance vs. Elaine Simon at No. 4.
UCF will wrap up the regular season April 10 vs. Stetson at 2 p.m. and April 12 vs. South Carolina State at noon. Both matches at the UCF Tennis Complex will have free admission.
Tennis Match Results
UAB vs UCF
Apr 05, 2014 at Miami, Fla.
UCF 4, UAB 1
1. Josephine Haraldson (UCF) def. Rachel Daniell (UAB) 6-3, 6-1
2. Amy Lowther (UAB) def. Courtney Griffith (UCF) 6-3, 6-1
3. Caroline Eberhart (UCF) def. Pardis Kianoush (UAB) 6-2, 6-3
4. Cortney Cesarini (UCF) def. Elaine Simon (UAB) 6-1, 6-4
5. Clare Mendell (UCF) vs. Paula Castro (UAB) 6-4, 5-2, unfinished
6. Annika Hepp (UCF) vs. Catherine Ragon (UAB) 2-6, 4-1, unfinished
1. Courtney Griffith/Caroline Eberhart (UCF) vs. Rachel Daniell/Elaine Simon (UAB) 7-6, unfinished
2. Sofia Baptista/Josephine Haraldson (UCF) def. Pardis Kianoush/Paula Castro (UAB) 8-4
3. Clare Mendell/Cortney Cesarini (UCF) def. Amy Lowther/Catherine Ragon (UAB) 8-6